Call out for audio from new creators!
In The Dark London is back! Our new team member Talia Augustidis (new producer and recent Charles Parker Award winner) is at the helm and she’s kick-starting it with a curated event of work by fellow emerging producers. If you’ve been making creative audio for the first time in the last few years we’d love to hear it!
There are no hard and fast rules about who is considered a “new creator”. If you have been working in another capacity in audio for, say, 5 years but have only started making your own creative work recently, that’s absolutely fine.
The deadline for submissions is 23:59 GMT on Sunday June 5th.
What we’re looking for:
– Audio ONLY. Unfortunately there will not be a projector
– Work that has been produced since January 2019
– Work can be produced from anywhere in the world in any language but please provide a translation script if it’s not in English
– You can send one piece between 5 and 15 minutes and as many pieces as you like under 5 minutes
– Self-contained excerpts from longer work are welcome, but bear in mind we will not play pieces longer than 15 minutes so re-work it if you need to
– You do not have to have been in formal education when you produced this piece
– We’re primarily interested in creative and experimental storytelling
– You must be the primary producer of the piece. Collaborative work is fine as long as the team is made up of new producers (if you received guidance or feedback from a mentor or tutor that’s fine)
– It’s completely fine if the work has already been broadcast
Any producers whose work gets played will receive a cut of the event ticket price (£50 per piece). Event details will be coming soon – it will be held in early summer.
Whether you were a student or a self-taught producer or found yourself engaging in a bout of L.I.P. (Lockdown Induced Podcasting) we’d love to hear from you!
You can send your work by filling in this form >>
If you have any questions contact taliaaugustidis [at] gmail [dot] com